Let us understand it from a story of Sai Vrat Katha, once upon a time there was a woman named Kokila lived in a city with her husband named Mahesh. Both of them had love for each other. Mahesh was having a bad nature of quarrelling with everyone.
The neighbours of Kokila were fed from Mahesh because of his nature. Though Kokila was a religious woman and she had very good faith in God, she never said anything bad to Mahesh and suffered everything.
Sometimes later Mahesh business reduced and his earnings were also declined, this made Mahesh lost and he stopped going anywhere and mostly stayed in home only. This act made him more irritating and quarrelling person.
One day in afternoon, an old man came and stood in front of the house of Kokila. He was hungry and he asked for the rice and pluses with his folded hands towards Kokila. She gave rice and pluses to the old and in return old man blessed her but Kokila said to him that she does not have any happiness in her home and she is unhappy with her life.
The old man explained the vrat for 9 Thursday. In this Sai Vrat you can eat fruits or can eat lunch and dinner. You can go to Sai Baba Temple or pray at home for 9 continue Thursdays. She can keep fast and donate food to hungry and distribute 5, 11 and 21 Sai Vrat Books as per the economic conditions.
If you do this properly and tell others the importance of this Sai Vrat katha, Sai Baba will fulfil all your desires. He told her that she must keep the faith and have patience in your mind and he will fulfil all the desires.
If anyone fulfil the Vrat properly then his/her desires will be fulfilled.
You must tell others the stories and the good things Sai Baba had done and spread the positive messages to others and Sai Baba will fulfil your needs and desires.
Kokila did the Vrat for 9 Thursdays, distributed Sai Vrat books and fed the poor on 9th Thursday. She started noticing the changes in her home, now quarrel in her home got disappeared. The nature of the Mahesh got changed and stop quarrelling with others. His business starting growing again and he started earning.
There economic condition also started improving.
Now Kokila and Mahesh started living happily. One day Kokila’s brother-in-law and sister-in-law came to meet her and told that her child does not study well and he even got failed.
Then Kokila told her about the Sai Vrat and importance of it. She told the ways to keep it and do it. She told her that she must keep the deep faith and have patience.
Her sister-in-law followed this step and after few days Kokila received a letter from her brother-in-law’s wife that her children do Sai Vrat and have started studying hard. She herself did Sai Baba Vrat and distributed the books in her husband’s office. She added that due to Sai Baba Vrat her friend’s daughter’s marriage was fixed in a very nice family. Moreover, her neighbour’s ornament box was lost somewhere. As a result of Sai Baba Vrat someone came and returned the box after two months. In this way such miracles happened.
Rules and Regulation of Sai Vrat
1. Any woman, man or child can do this vrat.
2. This vrat can be done by any person without any difference of caste and creed.
3. This is a very miraculous vrat. Desired fruits are obtained by doing it for 9 Thursdays according to the rules.
4. This vrat can be started from any Thursday by taking Sai Baba’s name. One should pray to Sai Baba with complete devotion for the fulfilment of the desire for which the Vrat is done.
5. Sai Baba must be worshipped in the morning or in evening. Sai Baba’s photograph must be placed on a yellow cloth. Clean the photograph with clear water. Tilak of Chandan (sandalwood) and Kumkum must be applied to the photograph of Sai Baba. Yellow coloured flowers or garland must be offered to Sai Baba, incense sticks and lamp must be lighted and then the main story of the vrat must be read. Sai Baba’s name must be remembered and then Prasad must be distributed (Prasad may consist of some sweet or fruits).
6. This vrat can be done by eating only fruits (it may also be done by consuming milk, tea, sweet, etc) or it may also be done by having lunch or dinner. But it must be remembered that the vrat must not be done by not eating anything.
7. If possible, one must go to Sai Baba temple and if it is not possible then Sai Baba must be worshipped at home only with complete devotion.
8. This vrat can be continued even if one is out of his/her own town.
9. During this vrat if women are going through menses or if by any reason one Thursday is missed, then that Thursday must not be taken into consideration for 9 Thursdays. Another Thursday must be taken into consideration and then concluding ceremony must be performed.
This Vrat is for all and you must do it with good faith. This Vrat teaches the attitude of giving to others and teach others the good things and you must know what you are doing for others.
This Vrat is all about faith and have the patience even if nothing is going right in your life. Sai Baba is known for his calmness and giving the poor. You must have a habit of giving without expecting something in return. You must follow the Sai Baba’s learning and follow his teachings which is full of sacrifice and become a person you want others to treat you. Sai worship give you power to overcome your life obstacles. If you have observed in the story that is it all about spreading the right message to everyone.